Friday, January 21, 2011

First Ever

 This is my very first blog post.
 I've never had a blog before so I'm hoping this will be a good experience. I have never been good at keeping up with journals or diaries, but hopefully since my laptop is by my side all day I won't forget this. I'd like to write about my life, even if no one wants to read about it, then I can go back and reminisce about all the crazy, insane things that happen to me.
 Well, actually, my life isn't that interesting. I live in a small town in Tennessee where there's only one movie rental place, one clothing store(does Factory Connection count?), and a hand-made pottery store in the center of town. We do have a Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and a few more. There's a Subway, Sonic, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Krystals, and of course,  McDonalds. The town is beautiful though, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We have a great park, good schools, and a skating rink. The only thing it really lacks is more places for kids and teens. If you can't drive, don't have a job, or it's summer, then you get tired of nowhere to go pretty fast.
 Usually after school when it's hotter out we go to the lake or to the next big town over to go shopping. That town actually has a Kohl's, TJ Maxx, JC Penney, Sears, Game Stop, Books-a-Million, and Maurice's. But, let me tell you, when you're addicted to fashion it's a hard knock life down here. TJ Maxx is the first place I would go to shop around here, but that just doesn't fulfill my clothing needs sometimes. Online shopping is the best thing that has ever happened.
 Some of my favorite online stores are:
  • Lulu's
  • Urban Outfitters
  • Forever 21
  • Charlotte Russe
 There are a few more that you can find in the right hand side bar. Urban Outfitters is probably my favorite place to just browse around on. They're prices are a bit expensive but I love their style. The indie relaxed look is so cute. Forever 21 has made me a bit angry lately, so I'm on the fence about them. Even though the prices are about as cheap as it gets, the quality has been faultering and I hate dealing with their store. I never knew Forever 21's store was so aggravating and hard to manage. It's enough to make me just want to not buy from them whatsoever.
 Today I actually purchased a purse from Lulu's. I can't wait to get it. It's a cute brown shoulder bag, and I've been looking for one like this for a while now. It was around $26, which is great for me! I'm so cheap when it comes to shopping. I never buy any one item over $25 unless it's a purse, special occasion dress, or a gift. I love, love, love clearance/sales! That's the first thing I look for in a store and online. Another great place to buy is Ebay. You can always find a deal for clothes. I sell some of my unused/barely worn clothing on Ebay sometimes. And during the spring/summer I sell vintage clothing that I find. If you're ever looking for anything particular be sure to let me know, I can always keep an extra eye out!
 I am also an avid reader and video gamer. You're thinking, So this redneck hick thinks she likes fashion AND video games? She even thinks she can read?! Wtf. Ha. Thanks... No really! I would rather sit in front of a book during the frigid days of winter than do anything. Well, except eat. Right now I'm currently reading a few Karin Slaghter books. She writes crime fiction. I'm addicted to her books. She's a great author! Yes, I also absolutely love playing video games. At the moment, sadly, I can't get enough of Call of Duty: Black Ops. I know, I know. I played it at my boyfriends house for the first time about a month ago. He let me play combat training on Nuketown, now I never play on any other map. I kill on Nuketown, I swear. (; The first video game I remember playing is Super Mario 3 and Duck Hunter on our SNES. From there I bought a N64, a Gameboy, a Gamecube, a Ps2, a Nintendo DS, and an Xbox 360. I avidly play World of Warcraft. My favorite game ever is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion!
 Well, that's the basics about me. I'm sure I'll be telling a lot more about myself through this wonderous blog jorney. I'd love to hear about you, though! If I happen to ever get any followers, I want to know what websites you like to shop at, what your style is, your favorite games, a great deal you've gotten, just anything!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment